Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Performance Show

I really liked that they started with the performance show this season. I liked seeing all the dancers in their elements. I think it shows how good they are before they need to adapt to new styles.
Can I just say I love Wade Robson's choreography, but he is an interesting character.
I always love Tabitha and Napoleon's work. I think the hip hop dancers are good, but I felt like they were all dancing on their own, and not very in sync.
Last season I was disappointed with Tyce Diorio's choreography a lot, but hopefully his season opener is an indication that he won't give us boring routines like last year. It helped him a lot getting the strong dancers that he did. I was impressed with all of them. Jakob Karr has been my favorite from day one. The first time we watched it, I hardly watched anyone else.
The tap choreography was good, but the song was boring, so that made the performance disappointing for me. I don't know how well the tappers will do in other styles. I don't particularly like Bianca.
The Jazz was also disappointing. I really dislike Mollee. She is a great dancer but looks/acts/and dances like she's about 12 years old. The dance was supposed to be sexy according to Sonya, but I felt like it was too cheesy. Good technique, but not much performance.
I loved Many Moore's choreography. She didn't have the talent as in Tyce's dance but I just loved how light and pretty it was. Too bad Billy Bell is hurt, he is a strong dancer.
I will really try not to rant about the last dance. I like salsa for the most part. I thought it was performed and choreographed very well. I really like Karen and I think she is a talented dancer. I don't like Ashleigh and I haven't from the beginning. (even though we live in the same county lol) I don't think she is as talented as she thinks she is and I'm mad she even made it in the top 20 in the first place. I think she is too possessive of her husband on the show. She needs to realize that there have been lots of married people on the show and their spouses weren't complaining when a dance partner had to be close to them. It just really bothers me. I hope she goes soon so we don't have to deal with drama.
Based on performances and my personal biases I'd say I would like to see B-boy Legacy and either Bianca or Ashleigh gone this first week. Maybe after tonight my thoughts will change.
Let me know what you agree and disagree with. Remember these are just my OPINIONS :-)

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Love the name too. Wish I could join in, but don't watch and lack the judging eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could remember exactly what I was thinking when I watched this one. I did love the performance show though.

    ReplyDelete