Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kicking off the Top 20

You've already read Jessica's thoughts on the Top 20 show, and I can pretty much say I mirror her sentiments, especially as far as last night's choreography went. What I'd like to do is just give you my quick thought on each of the Top 20 dancers.


Ariana is a bit of a nobody for me. Her talent was dwarfed further by the guys she danced with last night. Don't love her, don't hate her.

Ashleigh needs to go. She's good at her style, but her personality is beyond what I can handle. Anyone know where she went to school? She looks like a UVSC girl to me.

Bianca should have given up after her second rejection by SYTYCD. She's a great tapper, but there is something about her that irks me. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Billy I love. I'd say he's top 5 for me. But since he's out of the competition due to illness, I guess that's a moot point. (A moo point...yeah, it's like a cow's opinion) I really am heartbroken about him leaving :(

Channing is such a likable character. One of my favorite girls this year. She looked great in her contemporary last night, even matched up with the fabulous guys.

Ellenore is a bit of an unknown. I have a feeling she'll be one of the contestants that really explodes later in the season.

Jakob, Jakob, Jakob. I can't even express how much this boy amazes me. Technically he's one of the most sound dancers we've ever seen on the show (I'm talking Will and Danny caliber), but he dances with such passion! I could watch him all day.

Karen is great. She has a sassy personality that really draws me in. I'm excited to see what she does outside her style.

Kathryn I can't look at without thinking of her high crying voice. Here's the thing with Kathryn: She's a fine dancer, but I guarantee you I danced with girls in high school better than her. Which means, obviously, she's not the best out there.

Kevin...meh. He's great at his style. Don't know what he'll do elsewhere.

Legacy I really, really dislike. I can't give you a reason for that either. I just don't like him.

Mollee needs to grow up.

Nathan I can't remember right now. Probably means I don't have strong feelings about him one way or the other.

Noelle is not the best dancer on the show, but there is something about her I really like.

Pauline is another nobody for me. She's fine. Nothing to make her stand out above the rest yet.

Peter I honestly change my opinion on each time I see him dance or hear him talk. Of the tappers I'd say he's perhaps the least talented, but I like him more than I like Bianca.

Phillip stole my heart during Vegas for no particular reason. I feel like he's talented and he's real. If he can hack it in the other styles I think he'll move up even further on my list, but I don't think he'll ever really be a contender for the top spot.

Russell brings to this show in personality what Jakob does in talent. One of my top 3 I'd say, easily. I hope he continues to improve in technique so that he can stay around until the very end. Russell makes me rethink every negative thing I've ever said about krumping.

Ryan is a refreshingly new face for the male dancers on this show. I think he's really very talented, and I think he knows that he's very talented, but he offers a conceitedness I can handle.

Victor wowed me last night on the performance show. I'm excited to see where he goes this season.

Bottom line, I'd like to see Bianca or Ashleigh go for the girls, and Legacy would be a scarcely missed loss for the guys.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley is so crazy jealous about girls liking, touching, loving her husband. I agree with you, I think she should go.
    I loved the choreography!!

    ReplyDelete